From Ford Wiki
|Automotive industry||Ford Motor Company|
|Production||2006 — present|
|Car classification||Large MPV|
|Car body style||5-door Multi-purpose vehicle|
|Automobile platform||Ford EUCD platform|
|Wheelbase||2850 mm (112.2 in)|
|Length||4770 mm (187.8 in)|
|Width||1885 mm (74.2 in)|
|Height||1660 mm (65.4 in)|
The Ford S-Max is a Large MPV produced by the Ford Motor Company for the Europe market and by Chang'an Ford Automobile Co., Ltd for the Chinese (Mainland) market. Introduced at the 2006 Geneva Motor Show, the S-Max went on sale alongside the redesigned Galaxy in June 2006. It is intended as a "sporty" alternative to the traditional MPV, and slots between the seven-seater large MPV Galaxy and compact MPV Ford C-Max. The S-Max was voted European Car of the Year on 13 November 2006 and in the future it will be sold in Japan as a Mazda.
The 7-seater S-Max is the first vehicle to feature Ford's Kinetic Design styling. On S-Max, Kinetic Design includes angular headlights, twin trapezoidal grilles, and large wheelarches.
One major selling point of the S-Max is its "FoldFlatSystem". This design allows the second and third-row seats to fold flat into the floor.
There are three derivatives of the S-Max; Edge, Zetec, and the high-end Titanium. Ford have stated that around fifty per cent of all S-Max buyers choose Titanium specification. In February 2008, Ford announced that the S-Max will be made available with a new Titanium S series trim. This model aims to add an even more 'sporty character' than the current Titanium series.
In March 2008, a powerful 2.2 175PS TDCi common-rail diesel will be added to Titanium series and will deliver accleration from 0-60 mph in 9.0 seconds.
- 2.5 L Duratec Turbocharger Straight-5, 220 PS (217 hp/162 kW) (shared with the Ford Focus ST and Volvo C30/S40)
- 2.3 L Duratec Straight-4, 160 PS (158 hp/118 kW)
- 2.0 L Duratec Straight-4, 145 PS (143 hp/107 kW)
- 1.8 L Duratorq TDCi Straight-4, 125 PS (123 hp/92 kW)
- 2.0 L Duratorq ZSD TDCi Straight-4, 130 PS (128 hp/96 kW)
- 2.0 L Duratorq ZSD TDCi Straight-4, 140 PS (138 hp/103 kW)
- 2.2 L TDCi Straight-4, 175 PS (173 hp)
- Ford S-Max official website (Flash)
- Ford S-Max & Galaxy Club - Russian Club of S-Max & Galaxy II Owners
- Ford S-Max Owners Club - UK Based Owners Club for S-Max and Galaxy
- Ford S-Max/Galaxy Club - German Club for S-Max and Galaxy Users
- Clube Ford S-Max de Portugal Portuguese Club for Ford S-Max Owners
- Club Ford S-Max France - Belgique - Luxembourg French - Belgium - Luxembourg Club for Ford S-Max Owners
« previous — Ford car timeline, European market, 1980s–present
|City car||Ka I||Ka II|
|Supermini car||Fiesta I||Fiesta II||Fiesta III||Fiesta IV||Fiesta V||Fiesta VI||Fiesta VII|
|Small family car||Escort Mk3 / Orion I||Escort Mk4 / Orion II||Escort Mk5 / Orion III||Escort Mk5b||Escort Mk6||Focus I||Focus II|
|Large family car||Cortina V||Sierra||Mondeo I||Mondeo II||Mondeo III||Mondeo IV|
|Executive car||Granada II||Scorpio I / Granada III||Scorpio II|
|Galaxy I||Galaxy II||Galaxy III|