Ford Zeta engine
From Ford Wiki
Developed in the late 1980s by the Ford Motor Company, the Ford Zeta engine was a Straight-4, Double overhead cam Internal combustion engine with which Ford had intended to replace the analogous Pinto and CVH models.
Ford designed the Zeta to share some parts with other Ford engine developments at the time, including the smaller Sigma I-4 and Duratec V6. This engine shares its bore and stroke dimensions with the 2-valve CVH engine. Ford Power Products sells the Zeta in 1.8 L and 2.0 L versions as the MVH.
Production of the engines, renamed Zetec, began at Ford's Bridgend plant in Wales in September 1991, with later production added at Cologne, Germany in 1992 and Chihuahua, Chihuahua, Mexico, in 1993. The first Zetecs displaced 1.8 L, with a 2.0 L version arriving quickly afterwards. The final Zeta Zetec was produced on December 10, 2004 at the Bridgend factory with over 3,500,000 built at that location.
Overview of applications
|Valencia (city in Spain), Spain||Europe|
|Chihuahua, Chihuahua, Mexico||North America|
|Jhongli City, Taiwan||Asia|
|São Paulo, Brazil||South America|
- Ford Mondeo
- Ford Fiesta 1992–1995 (1.6 90 bhp Si) (1.8 105 bhp XR2i) (1.8 130 bhp RS1800)
- Ford Escort 1992–1998 (Europe) (1.6 90 bhp Si) (1.8 105/130 bhp XR3i) (1.8 115 bhp Si/GTi)
- 1995–2000 Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique
- 1999–2002 Mercury Cougar
- 2000–2003 Ford Escape and Mazda Tribute
- 2000–2003 Ford Focus
- 1998-2003 Ford Escort ZX2.
- Formula Ford 2000 series (2003 – present)
The 2.0 L Zetec shared its 84.8 mm (3.339 in) bore and 88 mm (3.465 in) stroke with its predecessor, the 2.0 L 2-valve CVH.
A high 10.2:1 compression ratio and larger valves contributed to the SVT version's much-higher output.
- 1998-2003 Ford Escort ZX2, 130 hp (97 kW) and 127 ft·lbf (172 Nm)
- 1999-2000 Ford Escort ZX2 S/R, 143 hp (107 kW) and 146 ft·lbf (198 Nm)
- 2000 Ford Focus, 130 hp (97 kW) and 135 ft·lbf (183 Nm)
- 2002 SVT Focus, 170 hp (127 kW) and 145 ft·lbf (197 Nm)
- 1995-2000 Ford Contour
- 1995-2000 Mercury Mystique