GM-Ford 6-speed automatic transmission
From Ford Wiki
|Automotive industry||General Motors Corporation/Ford|
|Predecessor||GM 4T65-E transmission|
GM 4T80-E transmission
|Car classification||6-speed Transverse engine Automatic transmission|
General Motors Corporation and Ford Motor Company teamed up in 2002 to create a new Automatic transmission Transaxle, designed for Transverse engine applications in cars and light trucks. The companies jointly committed to investing USD720 million in their manufacturing plants to support the new transmission.
Each company will name and manufacture the transmission separately:
- Ford will build the 6F at their Van Dyke Transmission Plant in Sterling Heights, Michigan, and in the future at Sharonville Transmission in Sharonville, Ohio.
- GM builds the 6T70 and 6T75 at Warren Transmission in Warren, Michigan with production starting in July, 2006.
Ford claims the 6F is designed to handle 300 hp (224 kW) and 280 ft·lbf (380 N·m), while General Motors rates their 6T70 to 315 hp (235 kW) and 280 lb·ft (380 N·m) and the 6T75 to 315 hp (235 kW) and 300 lb·ft (407 N·m).
The first application of the technology is in the 2007 Ford Edge and Lincoln MKX Crossover SUV, as well as the Saturn Aura sedan and the Saturn Outlook crossover. It was also used for the Pontiac G6 GTP models and the GMC Acadia models for 2007. . Gear ratios:
|4.484||2.872||1.842||1.414||1.000||0.742||2.88||2.77, 3.16, 3.39|
- 2007 Saturn Aura XR
- 2007 Pontiac G6 GTP
- 2007 Saturn Outlook
- 2007 GMC Acadia
- 2008 Buick Enclave
- 2008 Chevrolet Malibu (LY7 V6 Option)
- 2009 Chevrolet Traverse
- 2007 Ford Edge
- 2007 Lincoln MKX
- 2008 Ford Taurus
- 2008 Ford Taurus X
- 2008 Mercury Sable
- 2009 Ford Flex
- 2009 Lincoln MKS
- 2009 Ford Escape
- 2009 Mercury Mariner
- 2009 Mazda Tribute
- 2010 Ford Fusion
- 2010 Lincoln MKZ
- 2010 Mercury Milan
- List of Ford transmissions
- List of GM transmissions
- "New fuel-saving 6-speed transaxle to propel Ford Edge to head of crossover utility class". Ford Motor Company press release. http://media.ford.com/newsroom/feature_display.cfm?release=21986. Retrieved on November 9.
- "New Hydra-Matic 6T70 Six-Speed Automatic Delivers Performance and Fuel Economy". TheAutoChannel. http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2005/08/25/141299.html. Retrieved on January 20.
- "Technologically Advanced Transmissions Enter GM Fleet". AutoTrends. http://www.autotrends.org/technology/transmissions/. Retrieved on June 3.
- ↑ "GM Powertrain Plans". AutoWeek. http://autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060823/FREE/60821020/1024/LATESTNEWS. Retrieved on August 23.