Ford EUCD platform
|Manufacturer||Ford Motor Company|
|Also called||Volvo P24 platform|
|Predecessor||Ford D3 platform|
Volvo P2 platform
|Related||Ford C1 platform|
The Ford EUCD platform (for "European C/D-class") is Ford's global midsize car automobile platform. It is loosely based on Ford's compact C1 platform, but much engineering was done by Volvo Cars. EUCD and C1 share many suspension, brake, and electrical systems.
Originally known as "C1-Plus" due to its similarity, EUCD was chosen by Ford's European operations instead of the Mazda-designed CD3 platform due to the large number of components shared with the smaller C1. Another factor was reportedly the inability of the CD3 to accept Volvo's straight-5 engines. The first EUCD cars were introduced at the 2006 Geneva Motor Show: Volvo's S80 and Ford's S-MAX and Galaxy.
- 2007– Volvo S80 sedan (introduced at the 2006 Geneva Motor Show)
- 2007– Ford S-MAX large MPV (introduced at the 2006 Geneva Motor Show)
- 2007– Ford Galaxy (code name CD340) large MPV (introduced at the 2006 Geneva Motor Show)
- 2007– Freelander/LR2 (code name L359) compact SUV (introduced at the 2006 London Motor Show)
- 2007– Ford Mondeo introduced at the 2007 Geneva Motor Show
- 2007– Volvo V70 station wagon
- 2009– Volvo XC60 compact SUV
|This article or section contains predictions, speculative material or accounts of events that might not occur. Please help improve this article or section by removing speculative content and then this template may be removed.|
- "Meet the next X-type". Autocar. March 7 2006. http://www.autocar.co.uk/news_article.asp?na_id=214333.
- Wim Oude Weernink and Bradford Wernle. "Building Blocks: Ford learns a lesson from Lego". AutoWeek. http://autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060330/FREE/60327009/1024/LATESTNEWS. Retrieved on March 30.
- Swiss Bliss, Ward's Auto World, March 1, 2006]
- Paul Tan. "New 7-seater Land Rover L486 coming soon". Paul Tan. http://paultan.org/archives/2008/06/24/new-7-seater-land-rover-l486-coming-soon/. Retrieved on June 24.
|Current Ford platforms|
|B3 (subcompact FWD) · C1 (compact car FWD) · CD2 (compact SUV FWD/AWD)|
CD3 (mid-size car FWD/AWD) · D3 (full-size car FWD/AWD) · EUCD (mid-size car FWD/AWD)