Highland Park Ford Plant
|colspan="2" style="font-size: larger; Template:NRHP color text-align: center" | Highland Park Plant, Ford Motor Company|
|colspan=2 Template:Infobox nrhp/NRHP nhl|
|Location:||Highland Park, Michigan|
|Architect:||Albert Kahn; Edward Gray|
|Architectural style(s):||No Style Listed|
|Designated as NHL:||June 02 1978|
|Added to NRHP:||February 06, 1973|
- This article is about the assembly plant in Highland Park, Michigan. For the assembly plant in the Highland Park area of Saint Paul, Minnesota, see Twin Cities Assembly Plant.
The Highland Park Ford Plant was a production plant for Ford Motor Company in the city of Highland Park, Michigan, which is surrounded by Detroit. The Highland Park Ford Plant was designed by Albert Kahn in 1908 and was opened in 1910. Because of its spacious design, it set the precedent for many factories and production plants built thereafter. In 1913, the Highland Park Ford Plant became the first automobile production facility in the world to implement the assembly line. In the late 1920s Ford moved automobile assembly to the River Rouge Plant complex in nearby Dearborn. Automotive trim manufacturing and tractor assembly continued at the Highland Park plant. It became a National Historic Landmark in 1978. It is now used by Ford Motor Company to store documents and the Henry Ford Museum for artifact storage.
- "Highland Park Ford Plant". National Historic Landmark summary listing. National Park Service. http://tps.cr.nps.gov/nhl/detail.cfm?ResourceId=1341&ResourceType=Building. Retrieved on 2008-06-27.
- "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. 2007-01-23. http://www.nr.nps.gov/.