|Lincoln MKT concept|
|Parent company||Ford Motor Company|
|Assembly||Oakville, Ontario, Canada|
|Class||Full-size luxury crossover SUV|
|Body style(s)||4-door CUV|
|Layout||Front engine, front-wheel drive / four-wheel drive|
|Platform||Ford D4 platform|
|Engine(s)||3.5L 340 hp EcoBoost GTDI V6|
|Wheelbase||120.7 in (3066 mm)|
|Length||208.4 in (5293 mm)|
|Width||78.7 in (1999 mm)|
|Height||63.9 in (1623 mm)|
Ford Taurus X
The Lincoln MKT is a luxury crossover utility vehicle, first unveiled as a concept vehicle at the 2008 North American International Auto Show. The concept car represented a new Lincoln utility vehicle planned for the 2010 model year, with production expected to start in mid-2009. Design cues on the concept MKT showed visual similarity with the Lincoln MKR concept car from the 2007 NAIAS, and the production version of the 2009 Lincoln MKS sedan which began sales in mid-2008.
The concept MKT vehicle was announced with a 415 hp 3.5L V6 version of Ford's new EcoBoost engine family - a turbocharged gasoline direct injection system, which features the horsepower capability of a larger displacement engine, with the fuel economy of a smaller engine. The production version is to be launched with a normally aspirated 275 hp 3.7L Duratec 37 V6 as used in the MKS sedan, and a twin turbocharged 3.5L Ecoboost engine rated to around 340 hp (also slated for the MKS sedan in 2009). Both engines are to be mated to a Ford 6F 6-speed automatic transmission.
Lincoln is scheduled to begin production of the MKT crossover, built on the D4 platform, in 2009 for the 2010 model year. The all wheel drive vehicle features electric power steering, replacing the traditional hydraulic power steering. The electric steering system is combined with ultrasonic sensors to form a hands-off "Active Park Assist" system that steers the vehicle into parallel parking slots.
According to Lincoln, the "T" in MKT, stands for Touring. The MKT will be the second Lincoln crossover in the lineup, slotted above the midsize MKX crossover.
- ALL-NEW THREE-ROW LUXURY CROSSOVER LINCOLN MKT PRODUCTION CONFIRMED Lincoln.com - 15 Aug 2008
- Media.Ford.com - EcoBoost briefing document brochure (.pdf file)
- Ford Media Press Release http://www.ford.com/about-ford/news-announcements/press-releases/press-releases-detail/pr-lincoln-mkt-production-confirmed-28876
- "Lincoln MKT Production Confirmed; All-New Three-Row Luxury Crossover to Launch in 2009", Media.Ford.com, August 15 2008
- Media.ford.com Press Release - Lincoln unveils ultimate touring vehicle concept; Premium utility features elegance, space, efficiency - January 14 2008
- "Ford's New 'Active Park Assist' Makes Parallel Parking a Breeze for Lincoln MKT and MKS Owners" - PR Newswire, 30 December 2008
Lincoln, a luxury division of Ford Motor Company – road car timeline, 1970s–present
|Personal||Mark III||Mark IV||Mark V||Mark VI||Mark VII||Mark VIII|
|Continental||Continental||Continental||Town Car||Town Car||Town Car|